Main function: Operation and control of the Kitchen Department in the absence of the Head Chef.
As a Sous Chef you will assist the Head Chef to ensure the smooth running of the food offer in the hotel. Key skills and responsibilities include:
- To effectively manage the kitchen team to achieving the highest standard of food production especially in the Head Chef’s absence.
- To control and manage the food cost in line with the budget, source ingredients in accordance with the Company’s sourcing policy and control production and portions in line with agreed specifications.
- The Sous Chef must be able to solve problems quickly and in a professional and pleasant manner. They must also be able to deal successfully with a wide variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- The candidate must have initiative, have self-discipline, effective communication skills, and the ability to organize and direct the work of others.
You will assist the Head Chef in the below and be solely responsible for the below in their absence:
- Train and develop staff to maximise performance, aid retention and reduce turnover.
- Be accountable for the delivery of performance in line with Company procedures.
- Lead and inspire individuals to develop a highly motivated, committed team.
- Ensure the team receives, understands, and adheres to all company policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate workload of staff within the hotel including rotas etc
- To ensure that the kitchen team comply with the policy on personal hygiene and uniform
- Support all members of the team to reach their full potential and give them the opportunity to develop their career
- Ensuring all relevant information is passed to the relevant person.
- To help the Hotel Manager work within the company set budgets while providing the standard of service required, including staff budget, equipment budget, stock costs.
- Control all stock within the hotel food operations and ensure stock takes are completed accurately and on time for accounting purposes.
- Develop all aspects of sales within the hotel, implementing new initiatives to meet and exceed targets.
- Ensure GP figures are to target.
- Be responsible for all ordering and repairs within their department.
- Develop product knowledge to ensure accurate delivery of service.
- Monitor, analyse and provide feedback to the GM regarding complaints and all other customer feedback in order to identify trends and take pro-active actions.
- Resolution of customer complaints within the food operation.
- Ensure all Health and Safety procedures are implemented according to Company standards including food hygiene.
- Carry out all supplier communication activity in line with company.
- Ensure suppliers have a full understanding of all product and service specifications in order to ensure effective delivery.
- Complete orders in line with company procedures to ensure correct stock levels are maintained.
- Ensure best price being received along with best quality.
- Manage all incidents in line with company procedures.
- Ensure all staff are adequately trained
- Anticipate potential problems/situations and act accordingly to create solutions.
- React in line with company procedure to any unexpected situations.
- Ensure department meets all legal requirements
- To ensure cleaning rotas are operational throughout the food production and service areas.
The above list is to be used as a guideline only and is not an exhaustive list.
If this position is of interest to you and you would like to be part of our team then please email your CV to email@example.com